What a month August was! I’m serious when I say I’m not sure where the month went – did I take a two week nap? It’s been a whirlwind of a month with extra work events, transitioning to full-time, NOT preparing to start school (for the first time basically since I was 5 years old), and a couple of small trips. But today, before we jump into a new month and new season (HELLO FOOTBALL!), I’m kicking off a new series where each month we’ll recap favorite moments, items, media, and food from the month.
- Starting full-time work at our church, something I have dreamed off for several years
- Enjoying the Saturday morning Farmer’s Markets in Old Colorado City
- Shadowing a church in Phoenix, AZ (and the hubs got to come along!…oh and we visited an outdoor farmers market!)
RECENTLY PURCHASED & LOVING:
- My new favorite lipstick: Tarte LipSurgence Envy Matte Lip Tint. I can be a rather lipstick & lipgloss junkie, always tempted to pick up a new kind when I’m at Target. A couple of weeks ago I was getting a haircut from my dear friend Leslie and she was wearing this. I loved the look of it so much, I immediately asked her what it was and raced off to pick myself up some. It’s my favorite
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: still my favorite, still used frequently
- Just last week I shared my current favorite podcasts, so check out that post to see what I’m listening to currently
- Suits is back on! Well, it’s been on since July, but it is currently our most favorite TV show
- The Residence: Inside the Private World of the White House: if you’re like me and have a strange fascination with the White House, check out this book. The author interviewed hundreds of different White House workers over the years and does a great job of painting a behind-the-scenes picture of life in the most famous house
- The most amazing strawberry lemonade from the Phoenix outdoor market
- This past weekend, we had a whole group of friends over from A’s work to celebrate our new home. I made this appetizer and these cookies and they were all eaten up rather quickly, which is always a good sign in my book!
- On Saturday morning, we had a perfectly slow morning before we jumped in on some projects around our house. These scones were perfectly paired with some coffee and an early morning TV show, my most favorite way to Saturday.